The following are frequently asked questions we hear at Affordable RV Adventures, LLC in Sacramento. Take a few moments to read the questions below, or contact us at (800) I’m-RV-a-Go (467-8246), and we will be more than happy to assist you in any way we can!
Is there a minimum rental period on your RVs?
- Standard RV rental minimum: 3 nights
- Holiday weekends minimum: 4 nights
- Labor Day Week/Burning Man minimum: 1 week
What hours are you open during the week?
Occasionally we allow Sunday pickup/drop-off for an additional $95 fee.
- Monday-Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturdays: open by appointment
- We are closed on Sundays.
We’re excited about our RV rental! When can we pick it up? And when should we drop it off?
Much like a hotel’s check out time, we have pick-up/drop-off times in order to allow time to thoroughly clean the RV before other guests arrive for their reservations.
- Pickup time: 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Drop-off time: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
How many miles are included with my rental?
- We offer 100 free miles per night of rental.
- Additional miles are at 35 cents per mile. Mileage to be estimated for round trip and paid before leaving and adjusted when unit is returned.
Is there a minimum age for renting an RV?
- You must be 25 years or older to rent from our company.
Do you require a down payment?
- We require a $500.00 down payment to secure a rental.
Do you require a security deposit?
- Depending on your insurance deductible, security deposits range from $500 to $1000 and may be handled in cash or on a credit card.
- The security deposit will be held for the duration of your rental period.
I’ve never rented an RV before. Do you offer some kind of orientation or class?
- When you rent an RV from us we want you to be as educated as possible before leaving on your trip. We do a complete inside and outside walk through with you to familiarize you with the motorhome.
Where should I leave my personal vehicle while we’re gone?
We offer free parking for our customer’s vehicle while they are away with our RV.
Do you offer a cancellation policy?
We will however apply the entire down payment or processing fee to a future RV rental within one year of the original reservation date.
- More than 30 days prior to reservation: you will be refunded your down payment minus a a $95 processing fee.
- Less than 30 days prior to reservation date: the down payment is non-refundable.
Do you allow pets in your RV rentals?
- Dogs: Some of our motorhomes are dog friendly. You can reserve these for an additional $25 per dog. Other pets/animals are not allowed.
How does insurance work with an RV rental? What do I need to have?
- Most insurance companies will cover you through your own vehicle insurance policy, either for free or at a nominal cost.
- You must have full coverage for collision, comprehensive, and liability to rent from us.
- We will provide you with the specifics of the motor home, and your agent must then provide us with a binder or certificate of insurance naming the year, make, model, and Vin. number of the RV, as well as naming us an additional insured.
- If your insurance will not cover the vehicle, you can purchase coverage on the Internet through a company that specializes in RV rental insurance.
Can I tow my car behind my rental? What about a boat?
Note: If you are using MBA Insurance, the coverage does not extend to the towed item.
- We do not allow cars to be towed.
- Towing fees for a light trailer or boat is a flat rate of $12 per day.
- You may tow a light weight trailer or boat as long as you are experienced at towing, and you do not exceed the hitch rating.
Can we use a tow hitch bike rack? Do you offer those as well?
Please notify us in advance.
- Bike racks are available for an additional $25 fee.
Does renting an RV require a special driver’s license?
- A standard, valid driver’s license allows you to drive any RV that is 40 feet or less in length. However, you do need to be 25 years or older.
Are there any restrictions as to where we can go in one of your rentals?
- Our motorhomes are NOT allowed to travel to Mexico or Alaska.
- Trips to Canada in your RV rental are permitted when we are notified in advance that your insurance will cover your trip there.
What can we expect for gas mileage in a motorhome rental?
- 8-10 miles per gallon depending on:
- The terrain you are driving over
- Your driving speed
- Your driving habits
- Whether you are towing something or not
Do you offer refunds of any kind?
- We do not refund for unused days or for lost vacation time.
Will there be any additional charges throughout the duration of my trip?
- Propane: Propane is needed to operate your cook top, the refrigerator, your water heater and the furnace. We charge $4.00 per day for propane in the summer months and $5.00 per day in the cold months. Extended rentals of over two weeks may refill the propane tank in lieu of the daily charges.
- Generator usage: Generator use is charged at $4.00 per hour as recorded on a Hobbs meter and is calculated upon your return.
- Fuel: The unit must be brought back with the same amount of fuel that you left with. If the fuel level is lower than what you left with, you will be charged a $25 service fee plus the cost of the fuel to bring it up to the original amount.
- Dumping Fee: The motor home must be returned with emptied gray and black water tanks to avoid a $25 dump fee. Please bring us a receipt for the final dumping if possible. You do not need to dump or refill the fresh water tank.
- Late Fees: Because your RV can be reserved for another family the same day you return it, you can be charged a late fee if you do not return it during the designated drop-off time.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed under any circumstance. Any evidence of tobacco smoke will result in the loss of the rental customer’s security deposit.
What do we do if we encounter a problem during our trip?
- Contact us at (800) I’m-RV-a-Go (467-8246)
- Available 24 hours a day
- Available seven days a week
- Any problems or questions are welcomed
- You must get pre-authorization before having any repairs done or you will not be reimbursed.
What is the process for returning our rental?
- All RV rentals must be returned as clean as when they left the lot.
- Our complimentary housekeeping kit includes cleaning supplies, a broom, a vacuum, a hose, and a long-handled extension brush.
- You will be charged an additional $85 each for interior, exterior, and carpet cleaning if the unit is returned in poorly kept condition.